year 5 - Maths Calculations Videos
Please find a selection of videos below to show you the various different calculation strategies that we use in Year 5 at St Anne's.
1. Column Addition: ThHTO + ThHTO (With and without concrete resources)
2. Column Addition: O.th + O.th (Decimal Numbers) (With and without concrete resources)
3. Column Addition: HTO + HTO (No Carrying) & HTO + HTO (Involving Carrying)
4. Column Addition with numbers up to 6-digits.
5. Dividing by 10 or 100 / Multiplying by 10 or 100.
6. HTU x U (Grid Method)
7. HTU x TU (Grid Method)
8. Subtraction: Number Line Method & Column Method (No Carrying)
9. Subtraction: Number Line Method & Column Method (Involving Carrying)