Hello and welcome to the G
What Do We Do?
We have three core functions:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- To hold leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
We all have links with different aspects of the school, and visit as often as we can to get to know how the school is delivering high standards for all the children.
We have a strategic role to work in partnership with the headteacher and other staff. We are involved in:
- setting the school's aims and policies;
- improving standards of teaching and achievement;
- setting the school's budget plan and monitoring expenditure;
- interviewing and appointing teachers and support staff;
- acting as link between the church, the local community and the school;
- dealing with complaints about the school;
- drawing up an action plan after an inspection, and monitoring the success of the plan