WELCOME TO NURSERY
If you are looking for high quality nursery provision led by highly experienced teaching staff. then please take a moment to look around our Nursery pages and find out more about our safe, nurturing and stimulating learning environment which offers every child the best start on their academic journey.
Our Nursery is part of the school's Early Years Foundation Stage Unit, working closely with the Reception class in planning and providing exciting learning opportunities for children in their early years, and the strength of our Unit was noted and commended in our most recent school Ofsted inspection. Our highly qualified teaching staff are leaders in early years education in Trafford and always strive to deliver innovative and exciting teaching and learning experiences for the children in their care.
We provide daily part-time or full-time early years provision for children aged 3-4 years old and are open to applications from families within Trafford and beyond. Our accessible and dedicated nursery space has been carefully designed to provide a variety of valuable learning opportunities to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage. Every child matters and every child is at the centre of all that we do.
We invite you to take a look at our gallery and virtual tour video and please do contact us at the school if you would like to know more.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF NURSERY
Please take a look at some of the many stimulating activities carefully planned to further develop every child's learning in our care. So many new and exciting things to learn every day!
NURSERY CLASS NEWS
Welcome to St Anne's Nursery and the start of an exciting year! We are looking forward to enjoying so many memorable learning experiences together in our Nursery.
Our Nursery Team is Mrs Peacock (Class Teacher) with Mrs Palmer and Mrs Harris (Teaching Assistants, all week).
We thought we'd take this opportunity to share some useful notes about the day to day running of the Nursery:
- Remember to bring a coat everyday as we love our outdoor learning. As we head into autumn and the weather changes, letters will be sent home shortly about further outdoor clothing needed for our mud kitchen play area.
- Please ensure your child has a spare change of clothing in school everyday.
- All clothing should be clearly named to help us return it to its owner at the end of the day.
- Please look out for the update emails sent from Evidence Me. This is a great way to get information about what your child has been learning with us during the week: it's a wonderful window into their world.
- We shall be changing Library Books on a FRIDAY. Please make sure your child has a book bag on this day and their book is returned to school each week.
- Remember to take a look at the Weekly Parent Information section of our Class Pages to see the learning experiences we have planned for them in the coming week. There is also an idea of an extra activity to try together at home each week and we would love to hear all about it in class.
WEEKLY PARENT INFORMATION
Working in partnership with parents/carers is essential to our practice in the St Anne's Nursery. Parents/Carers can now find our weekly parent information sheet here on our Class News Page.
Our Learning Challenge Question for the Spring 1 term is: What happened to Humpty and his friends? and here is our Knowledge Mat detailing how we plan to explore the answers to this question.
Our Long Term Plan is available here:
Maths teaching and learning in Nursery is play based. Children will explore numbers in their environment and practise using the number names in play. What can you find to count at home?