Dyslexia & Website Accessibility
At St Anne's we have endeavoured to make our website as dyslexia friendly as possible, in line with our approach throughout the school generally.
To this end;
- The website has a pale yellow / 'off white' background colour, to reduce the visual stress sometimes associated with screen reading.
- There are some switches at the top-right of every page to allow users to change the size of the text, and the screen contrast.
- All hyperlinks are provided at the end of sentences.
- All hyperlinks change colour after being used for the first time.
- Site navigation has been made as simple as possible. There are a maximum of three 'layers' below the six main menu items at the top right.
- Very large graphics have been kept to a minimum.
- Key documents can be downloaded, printed, and read 'offline'. (Free copies of any policy document are available on request from the school office.)
- Moving text / 'marquees' are not used.
This approach has been informed by information from the British Dyslexia Association website, accessible here. [Accessed 28.11.16]
If you spot anything on this website that you feel does not adhere to these accessibility guidelines, please contact the school office - ideally, with a copy of the page's URL / address to hand - so that the issue can be investigated. The school office contact details are available here.