Friends of st. Anne's (formerly St. Anne's PTA)
The Friends of St. Anne's (formerly St. Anne's Parents and Teachers Association), FOSA for short, is made up parents and teachers whose only intention is to provide additional items through fundraising to enhance the pupils experience while a pupil at the St. Anne's. Through managing events, at school and for the wider community, FOSA is able to give all the children who attend St Anne's a greater experience of school life.
Why the change of name? Rather than the onus of the fundraising seemingly being on the parents and teachers of the pupils? Grandparents, aunts, uncles, former pupils, indeed friends of the school can all get involved in raising monies if they want to...
You can also support FOSA by attending meetings or helping and supporting any events that we host.
If you cannot make it to the meetings and have an fundraising idea? Catch us on the playgrounds or email us at... email@example.com
If you can see an easier way of dong something? Shout /Wave/Whatever...
Committee members for the 2019-20 academic year, nominated and elected at the AGM in July 2019 are as follows:
Chair: L. Yates
Vice-Chair: A. Niblock
Treasurer: D. Felton
Vice-Treasurer: A. Niblock
Secretary: C. Ellison
Social Media Coordinator: TBA
Staff/FOSA Liaison: E. Barron/A. Niblock/L. Yates/D. Felton
Governors/FOSA Liaison: C. Sheldon
We welcome any support from your companies and encourage you to sign up on easyfundraising to help us every time you do any online shopping!
Our fundraising target for 2019-20
The PTA supports the school with areas including:
- Paying for the Christmas pantomime
- Buying extra reading books
- Paying for a year 6 leavers' trip
- Supporting the school celebration awards
- And anything else we can pay for...
We also have a target of £8,000 to purchase scientific/Information technology equipment this academic year... A Big target for your children will need big help!
How are we going to do this:
- Termly Discos
- Christmas Market
- Summer Fair
- Pop-up stalls throughout the school year
- Other fundraising activities that parents would like to hold? Let us know? If it supports our children? Let's give it a go...
Dates for the diary...
- Thursday 19th September 2019 - Roberts Recycling Clothing Collection - With an impressive £158 raised. A massive thanks to all who donated! Thanks to Rebecca (Y3) and Milly (Y3) for help retrieving bags from the FOSA store...
- Wednesday 25th September 2019 - FOSA Meeting (15:45 in the outside classroom, everyone welcome) - Thanks to everyone who was able to come along...
- Friday 27th September 2019 - Fizz Quiz (No children! 19:00 onwards in the School Hall) - An enjoyable evening with wine, snacks, lovely company, a test of the grey matter and some live music raised £428! Thank you all for the support!
- Saturday 28th September 2019 - Tesco Bag Pack (Every Little Bit (of help) Helps...) - No bag pack but the replacement Tombola raised £140 on Saturday. Thanks to Francesca, Rebecca, Elinor, George and Logan for their help. Every Little Helped!
- Friday 11th October 2019 - School Disco - Raised over £450. Thanks to those that got stuck in!
- Tuesday 31st October 2019 - October Penny Challenge - A lovely start to the new term! And £280 raised to spend on our children! Well done to all! Foundation Two rule raising almost £60 on their own!
- Friday 22nd November 2019 - 'The Greatest Showman' Sing-a-long - What a night!? Made easier by the lovely help from Josh, Ellena, Ben, Rebecca and some big people! Over £350 raised. Thank you!
- Saturday 7th December 2019 - Santa comes to Sale early, it's The Christmas Fair... - A well supported Fair with lots of helpers donating their valuable time helped raise over £1200 to spending on the pupils of St. Anne's. THANK YOU!